An uncomfortable feeling in the stomach, such as heaviness, may be related to tát something you’ve eaten. That said, it could also signify an underlying medical issue. The treatment may be medical or a trang chủ remedy, depending on the cause.
A satisfying feeling of fullness often occurs after finishing a big meal. But if that feeling becomes physically uncomfortable and lasts longer after eating than thở it should, you may have what many people Gọi “stomach heaviness.”
Bạn đang xem: i always get in my stomach
Treatment options for stomach heaviness are based on the diagnosis of what’s specifically causing it.
The first step your doctor might recommend is changing particular aspects of your lifestyle. This may include the following:
- Avoid or limit foods that are fatty, highly seasoned, and difficult to tát digest.
- Change your eating habits. Eat slower, and eat smaller meals.
- Increase how often you exercise.
- Reduce or eliminate caffeine and alcohol.
- Manage any anxiety and stress.
The next step your doctor might suggest is taking over-the-counter medications. These may include:
- Antacids: Tums, Rolaids, Mylanta
- Oral suspension medications: Pepto-Bismol, Carafate
- Anti-gas and anti-flatulence products: Phazyme, Gas-X, Beano
- H2 receptor blockers: Cimetidine (Tagamet HB), famotidine (Pepcid AC), or nizatidine (Axid AR)
- Proton pump inhibitors: Lansoprazole (Prevacid 24 HR), omeprazole (Prilosec OTC, Zegerid OTC)
Stronger treatments might be called for depending on your diagnosis. Your doctor might prescribe more powerful medications if your stomach heaviness is a symptom of a more serious condition.
As an example, for GERD, your doctor might suggest prescription-strength H2 receptor blockers or proton pump inhibitors. They might also suggest medication such as baclofen to tát strengthen your lower esophageal sphincter. Your doctor might also suggest surgery, such as fundoplication or the installation of a LINX device.
Some natural alternatives may relieve stomach heaviness. They include:
Xem thêm: công thức tính tỉ trọng
- apple cider vinegar
- baking soda
As with any trang chủ remedy, kiểm tra in with your doctor before trying it. They can ensure it won’t interfere with any medications you’re currently taking or aggravate any other medical conditions you may have.
The feeling of heaviness in your stomach could just be the result of lifestyle choices that can easily be addressed with a change in behavior. It might, however, be a symptom of an underlying condition.
If the heaviness in your stomach persists, Gọi your doctor to tát get a diagnosis and treatment plan for relief.